Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Summer Institute 2011

This summer's workshop was amazing and fun!  I enjoyed the historical content from Sharon Sundue.  I always like to learn new things to add to my teaching.  Some of the stories she told were very interesting and at times funny.  My absolute favorite was the American Heroes piece.  I found this very motivation and applicable.  Since I am returning to kindergarten, a lot of the content I won't be able to use.  But, the hero’s piece I can. I have proudly made my 1st heroes poster on Thomas Alva Edison to go with our monthly character trait- Hard work.  I look forward to continuing the journey through this History Grant and am thankful for all I've learned so far.

3 comments:

  1. Cori,

    I agree that the things we learned from Sharon were really interesting! I, too, love to learn in a deeper way about things that we sort of already know about!

    Dr. Denenberg's presentations were AMAZING! I love that you made your first hero and that those heroes go along with the character traits. What a good connectionf or the kiddos to see!

    I'm so glad you're continuing with the history stuff! You never know when you'll be back in upper grades!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cori,
    That was a great idea by combining the character traits with the Heros. I would love to see your Heros poster.

    You probably already thought of this but how about using the Heros around different holidays???

    Can't wait to hear about the other ways you incorporate social studies with your kinders. See you on the 7th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cori,
    It's awesome that you are bringing heros to your kindergarteners. What better way to teach character education than to show them examples of heros who have exemplified those character traits.
    Great Job!

    ReplyDelete